July 25, 2010

I Love A Good Challenge--Want to Give Me One?

I love a good challenge!

Maybe I watched too many MacGyver episodes as a kid. Maybe I view my kitchen as a cutting-edge laboratory. Maybe this is my way of being an astronaut, a scientist, and a magician all at once.

I don't know why. But I'm a challenge addict. Easy = boring. Challenges = fun!
I don't know what it is about piling my plate high with "to-do" tasks that gets my brain going and my blood flowing, it just does.

#1: I've already given myself the The 25 Husband-Approved Salads Challenge. (Wondering if I'll allow certain things like pasta salad ... hmmm ... seems like cheating.)

#2: This fall, I'm thinkin' I might give myself The Pancake Challenge. After trying Dragon Musing's excellent pancake recipe, I suddenly had loads of ideas for different pancake recipes. Something I'd definitely like to try once it gets cooler.

#3: But the challenge I'm MOST keen about, MOST excited would be the one I've just come up with (of course) ... The Leaner, Greener, Meaner Challenge from Friends. I was thinking how much fun it would be for friends to give me their recipes to try to adapt into a healthier or greener versions. Is that obnoxious of me? I hope not.

So would you help me out? Give me a challenge? I'm willing to get my hands dirty and make my taste buds giggle. Pick your favorite comfort food, your favorite overall recipe, a recipe you would make more often if it was healthier, or Aunt Betty's Artery-Clogging-Casserole recipe ... and I'll see if there's any thing I could come up with to make it healthier AND make it taste as close as possible to the original.

If you have a recipe you think would be fun to contribute to my goofy challenge, please post or e-mail me.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Mac and cheese? I don't have the recipe, but I love it.

    Dawny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try to make a healthier version this fall. (Summer time is too hot and humid for mac-n-cheese.) We tried a recipe we found online, which involved adding mashed carrots to the cheese sauce. It was okay. But not exactly up my alley. So, I plan to try again once it gets cooler out!

    ReplyDelete