January 24, 2011

Ack! Busy .... But still enough time to sign a petition against Monsanto!

So I've been working days, nights, and weekends ... this doesn't mean I'm not cooking or making sure to try to eat decently. But it does mean I don't have time to take photos-n-stuff.

In the past couple weeks, I tried to make split-pea soup for the first time. After 12 hours of cooking, the dehydrated split peas were still not fully rehydrated. So, I strained them out of the soup and ate the broth. Delicious, but nothing to write home about ...

And I recently made excellent mashed potatoes (with skins for the nutrients) and used organic vegetable broth and cumin instead of the traditional high-cholesterol options of milk or cream. Success! Super tasty! But no time to take photos, and I have no idea about the exact measurements, potato to broth ratio.

Anywho, even if your 2011 has started out with a bang like mine, then I urge you to still make time to sign this petition at Food Democracy Now!!!

Es muy importante. I mean, can you believe that this whole Monsanto fiasco/crappola is still going on and that they're still such a powerful malicious force in food? So, sign the petition to say "Hell No! Monsanto should not grow GMOs!" I want this corporate regime out of my belly! I like to think of my signature on this petition as a typed-out middle finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment